Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yogen Früz

Have you got a hankering for a cheap, fattening & poor excuse for Mexican cuisine in the Fort Street Mall area? Well too bad. Taco Bell is gone. In its place is a Froyo joint called Yogen Früz - another entry in the rapidly crowding frozen yogurt landscape of Honolulu.

Poor poor Bubble Tea. Kicked to the curb for this frozen confection.

Yogen Früz does have the tart soft serve yogurt that is reminiscent of Yami Yogurt of days gone by. However, what sets them apart is their mixed yogurt. Basically you have your choice of ingredients to be thrown into a mixer with a brick of yogurt, and out comes a creamy soft treat. Or at least I think it sets them apart. Truth be told I'm just guessing on that one. Not a frequent Froyo consumer. The only reason I opted to stop off this day was because it was hot as balls and I needed an excuse to get away from the work desk.


Strawberry banana frozen yogurt. Meh. I guess I'm not just a Froyo kind of guy...

I was told that banana strawberry was a popular mix. Fair enough. Not going to be too adventurous on my first outing. Upon further review, however, I should have just got the tart soft serve vanilla.

The mixed yogurt was ok. That's about it. Nothing that's going to blow you away. Honestly the only thing that stands out to me is the pink ümlaut "u" in the logo that they turned into a smiley face. Cute.


Pink ümlaut u logo... sneaky bastard had me fooled. I was not nearly as smug and satisfied as you had me believe I would be.

But hey, the counter dude gave me a free sample, so I'm willing to give them another try. Lychee sounds pretty good the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment